Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Turntable 5.19.09

I'm kind of cheating this week. This isn't a turntable I'm inventing. Actually, it comes from the soundtrack to Fallout 3, probably my favorite game ever. Typically one doesn't consider video games to be a source of great music, but Fallout 3 is well-known for its classic jazz and blues playlist that is worked into the plot of the game as radio station Galaxy News Radio by DJ Three-Dog, which is broadcast over post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. in about the year 2270.
I've had a grouchy week, and this soundtrack has been the only thing I've had any interest in listening to. It never fails to perk up my mood, or at least make me feel nifty Billie Holiday loftiness.

These songs sing for themselves, so I will leave you to it!
[Three dog, ooooout!]

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment